In this small group, we will be exploring the following aspects of Mindfulness and Children:
- Mindfulness skills to enhance our relationships and support of children and young people
- Mindfulness skills that we might teach our Children
- Learning about Mindfulness from Children
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone who works with children
- Anyone who has an interest in learning or broadening their mindfulness experience and practice
You do not need to have attended previous sessions or to know anything about mindfulness or gestalt. This workshop is a nice way to learn about mindfulness / gestalt basics and to explore ways in which you might apply or extend your mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness practice can help you to develop
- Self awareness and confidence
- Enhanced relationships (including client work)
- Stillness and Self nurture
- Self-acceptance and integration
Mindfulness practice is a way of paying close attention to your present moment experience. There are many ways of doing this and in this brief workshop, you will gain practical experience of activities that you can take away with you to use on your own or with others. We will pay particular attention to skills and awareness in our relationships with children and consider what skills we might pass on to our children and what we might learn from them to help us in our practice.
Iain Mackenzie is a qualified and experienced Gestalt Psychotherapist and Trainer. Gestalt activities encourage a mindful way of being and offer us the opportunity to enhance our self awareness on an experiential level. He has taught children and young people for over 20 years and worked as a volunteer working with young school children in the USA and the UK.
The benefits of Mindfulness Practice are well documented and include
- Stress management
- Bolstering recovery from depression
- A sense of being ‘grounded’
- Enhanced contact with the self and others (Relationship Developmet)
Mindfulness Practice Workshops 2012
Holistic, Gestalt approach to Mindfulness practice for self care,
Personal Development and Experiential Self Awareness
For further information, to book your place or to read more feedback from recent workshops
Telephone: 0191 2708185Photocapy